Careers: Current opportunities
We are looking for an Oracle Developer with extensive experience and knowledge of Oracle – PL/SQL in an operational environment
About StatPro & StatPro Revolution
StatPro Group (www.statpro.com) is a leading global provider of portfolio analysis and pricing services for the worldwide investment community. Founded in 1994 StatPro offers a modern cloud-based platform, StatPro Revolution, which integrates data, performance measurement and attribution, ex-post and ex-ante risk management. We are based in the United Kingdom with offices in 11 countries globally. We are an established provider to the buy-side industry, with more than 400 clients in 36 countries around the world. Boston is the North American Hub for Sales and Support. Montreal is a global Data Hub.
About StatPro Montreal
The Montreal office is a key strategic office, providing a plethora of data to Revolution and operating a successful Valuation Service for many Asset Managers, Fund Administrators, Custodian Banks and Banks. The Market Data produced in Montreal is also extensively used by StatPro’s other services, namely the ones dealing with risk management in our Alpha product (New York office) and the SRS (Milan office).
The Montreal office consists of five teams:
|Oracle and .Net Development (team of 5)||Management of central database (“OASIS”), development of suggested automation projects, and support of operations.|
|Fixed Income Valuations (team of 9)||Daily Fixed Income securities pricing and valuation.|
|Index and Equity Data Operations (team of 12)||
Daily Equity pricing, corporate actions, and market Index.
Plus Responsible for monitoring and intervening on all incoming and outgoing data feeds and other critical processes.
The Position You Are Applying For
The ideal Oracle Developer has extensive experience and knowledge of Oracle – PL/SQL in an operational environment. Experience with process optimization is a major asset.
The essential function of the Oracle development team is the management of our central database called OASIS in which a large quantity of data records is loaded and edited daily. Our clients expect to receive not only high quality and timely data mainly but not exclusively delivered to clients by FTP.
Given the operational nature of our business, development team’s support is required to ensure that production runs smoothly and with no delays for clients. The Oracle developer will need to be on-call for support as allocated by the Manager.
Since we deal with financial markets which undergo regular changes, we feel that this role gives exposure to interesting opportunities, constant learning and improvements. We are regularly required to implement new feeds and automation functionalities. This means that understanding functional and technical requirements are key aspects of the role.
Above all, our ideal candidate has excellent development technical skills and is willing and able to learn the various spheres of our development team.
- Programming Oracle – PL/SQL and testing on Linux/Oracle
- Analysis and implementation of specifications: The developer will be required to analyze and understand specifications given to them, in order to carry out the required development and implementation in OASIS. In most cases the said specifications are the result of the requirements given to the development team by the 3 internal functional teams.
- Documentation and wiki: Making sure that all data and other processes related to the functions and procedures under your responsibility are appropriately documented and maintained up-to-date in wiki.
- Work on system enhancements and bug fixes
- Backup other developers in production critical tasks: Backing up other developers is needed on production critical tasks.
- Support: For jobs identified as being critical, developers would be asked to intervene and fix occasional issues, both during and outside of regular work hours.
Essential Technical Qualifications/Experience
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer science or equivalent.
- Experience as an Oracle developer in an operational environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle 10g or 11g or 12c (mainly SQL, PL/SQL).
- Knowledge of Linux (or UNIX) including VI editor and Linux shell commands.
- Knowledge of Oracle Forms and Reports development.
- 5 + years programming experience.
- Bilingual: English and French.
- Financial markets knowledge: indices, equities, fixed income and mutual funds.
- Knowledge of Pro*C programming language (C/C++ language only would be considered).
- Well organized (i.e. to-do lists, reminders, outlook rules / follow ups, naming and filing documents)
- Resourceful and skilled at searching for solutions to problems
- Dynamic, positive attitude and team player
- Product delivery oriented
- Analytical and detail minded
- RRSP contribution matching
- Health Insurance Plan
- 4 weeks holiday
- Access to training and development opportunities